- 1 Some basic info about the new SoulCast software
- 2 New and/or extended features
- 3 Not yet implemented / Removed features
Some basic info about the new SoulCast software
Our team has been working hard to implement a new streaming technology on SoulCams.
The aim of this comprehensive development is to get rid off Flash technology and let models broadcast their streams in much better quality and also in 16:9 resolutions (widescreen). In the same time, we upgraded the emotions and implemented some new useful features as well, while we also removed some old some features that were not popular.
As the first version is in beta test, you might experience minor bugs. If you see any unusual operation, bugs or you have any suggestions, comments, please just contact us at [email protected]
Traffic during the beta test version
As it is a beta test and might contain bugs, we will direct lower traffic to rooms in the beginning. Rest assured, your favorite members and visitors on SoulCams can access your room as before.
The new streaming application is compatible with Google Chrome and FireFox. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers for testing.
Certain Ad blocker plugins may cause unusual operations. We advise you to turn off such ad blockers or set Soulcams as an exception in the ad blocker extension settings.
You can select from 4:3 and 16:9 (widescreen) resolutions and from the following presets:
- 4:3 - High (1024x768, 1500 kbit):
- 4:3 - Medium (800x600, 800 kbit):
- 4:3 - Low (640x480, 500 kbit)
- 16:9 - Low (640x360, 500 kbit)
- 16:9 - High (1280x720, 1500 kbit)
- If you use a camera splitter software (e.g SplitCam, ManyCam, etc), use the same resolution in the splitter settings for the best streaming quality.
- 'Hide Cam' mode: same as 'Members only' mode.
- 'PM': same as 'invite'. Inviting a user to a private conversation in free chat.
- Spy mode: same as Voyeur mode. When users can peek in your room while you are in either 'Hidden cam' mode or private session
- Mute: same as 'kick'. When you kick a user from your room.
New and/or extended features
- Emotions: wider range of emotions. You can choose from predefined emotion themes or start typing a desired emotion.
- 'Clear messages' feaure: by hitting this button you can clear your chat interface. So what the visitors typed to you can be erased. Note: by using this fetures, only your model application chat interface will be cleared, the text stays visible for visitors
- User list: at the top of the user list, you can see the total number of guests, basic members, active and VIP members in your room and the list of visitors beneath.
- New text colours:
|guests||users without a registration (guests) get the 'guest' tag + a 5-digit number, e.g. guest00001, guest10523, etc||light grey||guest01234: I am a guest. This is how you and other users will see my text in your room|
|basic members||= free members. They signed up but have not purchased credits yet||dark grey||jonnybravo: I am a basic member. This is how you and other users will see my text in your room|
|active members||those members who bought credits at least once on SoulCams and they have an approved transaction during the last 30 days||dark blue + bold||jonnybravo: I am an active member. This is how you and other users will see my text in your room|
|active members||those members who bought credits at least once on SoulCams but they purchased credits more than 30 days ago||light blue||jonnybravo: I am an active member. This is how you and other users will see my text in your room|
|VIP members||members who signed up for our VIP program. They are usually highly appreciated and high-spending members||orange + bold||jonnybravo (VIP): I am a VIP member. This is how you and other users will see my text in your room|
|Performers||Performers with approved registration who can go online||red + bold||MystiqueMilla: Hello, my name is Milla. I am a performer. This is how users will see my text in my room|
|System notes||special system notes about your connection, alerts, notifications when you receive tips etc||cyan with black font||SYSTEM: You are now ONLINE! Now connecting to streaming server ..|
Clicking on a visitor with right mouse button the following actions can be taken:
- Mute: you can mute the selected visitor. This feature is almost the same as 'kick' in the old SoulCams model software. The text he types to you will not appear in your chatroom and the other users won't see it either.
- Ban: use it for harassing visitors. The selected user will be banned from your room for 3 hours.
- PM: same as 'invite' = 'free private conversation'. By clicking on a user in the User list, you can use the 'PM' feature. PM stands for 'Private Message'. If you 'PM' a user, you still will be in free chat but your conversation will be separated from the main free chat, so nobody else will see what you type to each other. You can select between the tabs, so while you talk with a viewer in PM, you still can type to the main free chat as well by clicking on the 'CHAT' tab and you can talk with more 'PM' -ed users separately. Note: only active and VIP members can be 'PM'-ed and there is no time limitation how long a user can stay in PM mode, however you can un-PM the user any time by clicking on the 'x' at the top right corner of the tab.
Model software notification sounds
Here you can check out the notification sounds provided by the SoulCams Model application that you can hear while you are online. Click on the 'loudspeaker icon' to listen to the sounds.
Not yet implemented / Removed features
Not yet implemented features
- Cam2Cam and Voice2Voice: in the first beta test, there will not be Cam2Cam and Voice2Voice option in private sessions. We do our best to implement them as soon as possible.
- Contest / Awards standings in the Model application: they are not implemented in the first beta version of the new appliction. We do our best to make it as soon as possible.
- Break function: you could stay online but indicate that you are away on break. Due to the low interest of this feature, it is not implemented in the SoulCast model application.
- Notes: you used to be able to make notes of members. Due to the lack of interest of this feature, we have not integrated it in the new version of the model application.
- Skins and font colours: in the older version of SoulCams model application, you could set your desired skin with different colours as well as your font colour. In the new version there is one skin and one font colour available.
- Wishlist: due to the lack of interest of this feature, it will not show up in the new model application.